[wp-hackers] POST with XML headers

Tom Barrett tcbarrett at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 14:54:34 UTC 2011

Hi

I'm looking at hooking into the free agent central API (
http://www.freeagentcentral.com/developers/freeagent-api)

This is there command line curl syntax:
curl -u userid:password -H 'Accept: application/xml' -H 'Content-Type:
application/xml' \
  https://company.freeagentcentral.com/company/users

My experience with curl related fetching of remote urls in WordPress is
limited to wp_remote_fopen() which just takes the url as an argument. I've
had a read through wp-includes/functions.php without seeing anything that
would let me POST with xml headers. But I'm prone to missing things.

Is there a something in WordPress for me to hook into to do this? Or is this
just a job for curl from basics without any WordPress goodness wrapped
around it?

Thanks,
Tom
--