[wp-hackers] WXR export via CLI

Charel Büchler charel.buechler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 00:03:34 UTC 2011

Hey,

I'm currently writing a bash script for updating wordpress in the
command line, and now what I do before backup is, making dumps of my
database, to ensure that the data won't be lost.

But let's think of this scenario, I have to upgrade wordpress. I make a
db-dump, but my dump is corrupt. So I am unable to use my dump.

In this case I'd love to get a WXR file, which I can export too, so at
least, I can import my wordpress content.

Now is there a possibility, to export a file through the command line,
without writing another plugin which allows me this?

Cheers
--
Charel Büchler
E: charel.buechler at gmail.com