[wp-hackers] Load page instead of including it

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Sep 2 10:18:55 UTC 2011

You're best NOT loading the theme file (or a plugin file for that matter)
directly.
The "standard" way is to just use a Page Template and assign that to a page,
The next option is to use a custom query var, and/or a a WordPress rewrite
rule, ie. catch $_GET['my-query=var'] on template_redirect, and load your
page directly (ie. don't run get_header()/get_footer() in the template file
you include).

There's a few other options depending on what you're actually doing.. For
example, Custom RSS feeds can be defined, as well as using admin-ajax.php
(it has logged in, and not-logged in actions).

Maybe you could give some details and someone can suggest the best method?