[wp-hackers] Postformats vs Categories

Charles Frees-Melvin charles.freesmelvin at me.com
Sun Oct 30 14:42:18 UTC 2011

There is nothing wrong with using categories, but if you want to outside the box you can create your own system of Post Formats easily with Custom Fields/Post Meta like people have been doing for years, to use categories like you mention, or you could use a custom taxonomy as the format. There are endless ways to do what post formats accomplish.

In it's current format, post formats are aimed to the entry blogger that frequently changes their theme. Like Custom post types are for not those users. And if you are not those users you can easily find enough code examples to work around it.

--
Charles E. Frees-Melvin

Sent from my Rogers iPhone 4S