[wp-hackers] Two new, long-overdue plugins to make your wordpress life a little easier...

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Sun Oct 30 11:04:03 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 20:48, Rafael Ehlers <rafaehlers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike Little wrote: "(with a character count exactly the same length of
> the live domain)"
>
> Aw c'mon, no offense to Mike, but that's just ridiculous, please,
> seriously, just use this script:
>

> http://www.interconnectit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/searchreplacedb2.zip
>
> It's an easy process:
>
> 1. Change DB Connection in wp-config.php
> 2. Upload all WP files from local to production (and searchreplacedb.php to
> root file of wp)
> 3. Export DB from local to production
> 4. Run searchreplacedb.php
> 5. Log in to WordPress -> Settings -> Save Permalinks (to regenerate)
> 6. Profit!!!
>

> Seriously, use that script!

Seriously, you still have more steps than me. I do this day in and day out,
and it's never a problem. Such things are bread and butter to me.

Besides, when that script first came out it wasn't good enough, it didn't
cope with all situations (e.g. nested arrays). I'm sure it's lots better
now (I've worked with and for the author on a number of occasions), but
I've not bothered to look into it. I had a working solution before it came
a long and a still working solution now.
The other thing I don't like is the giant security hole that opens for the
length of time that script exists on your server (or maybe that's fixed to).

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/