[wp-hackers] Two new, long-overdue plugins to make your wordpress life a little easier...

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Fri Oct 28 16:59:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 10:33, Robert Lusby <nanogwp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/10/2011 02:45, Marcus Pope wrote:
>

>> Blown away by the dozens of posts from Core WP developers that root
>> relative urls are not possible, and after trying to do all of their
>> suggestions to resolve my problem with none of them actually working I
>> almost gave up on the platform entirely.  And the ludicrous concept that in
>> order to prevent your html markup from being corrupted by the visual tab you
>> should just disable the visual tab altogether was almost the nail in the
>> coffin.
>>

> One day we all dream that the core team might finally see the light.
>
> For WordPress to be a serious enterprise platform - it needs to make some
> serious enterprise changes.
>
> Relative URL's would work for everyone - absolute URLs make things
> difficult for us enterprise lot (discounting that DB data should be kept
> clean - not containing URLs yardy da ... etc).

Please do check out the past discussions on this subject to see why relative
URLs do *not* work for everyone (hint: think about RSS readers where
'relative' is relative to the downloaded XML, or feed aggregators where
relative is relative to the aggregator site).

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/