[wp-hackers] Custom Post Type Archives

Aero Maxx aero.maxx.d at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 19:48:59 UTC 2011

Erick,

I see ok but the strange thing is the code used as is, worked perfectly
well when I was using the custom-post-type-ui plugin, but when I am
using the register_post_type function to register my post types they
appear in wordpress, but none of the code below returns any information
about my custom post types, it just returns an empty array.

var_dump( get_post_types( false ) );
var_dump( get_post_types( array( 'public' => true, '_builtin' => false
), 'names' ) );
var_dump( get_post_types( array( 'public' => true, '_builtin' => false
), 'objects' ) );

I have the same issue as this person here
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18950 but I have tried the code
submitted by Big Bagel, see below and this doesn't work either, the
above functions still dont return anything for there custom post type.

$args =>  array(
     'public' =>  true,
     'publicly_queriable' =>  true,
     'show_ui' =>  true,
     'show_in_nav_menus' =>  true,
     'exclude_from_search =>  false
);
register_post_type( 'my_custom_post_type', $args );

Thank you
Daniel.