[wp-hackers] Proper handling of jquery loading.

Claude Needham gxxaxx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 18:22:10 UTC 2011

I am trying to use the direct embed of a mailchimp form on my website.
The reason for not using either of the two mailchimp plugins that are
available is I need to include hidden fields in the form.

When I embed the code (using html tab or super simple shortcode) the
form does not work as expected.

I figured maybe there was a javascript conflict.

Did a search found an article by Chris Coyier.
http://digwp.com/2009/06/including-jquery-in-wordpress-the-right-way/

In the article he made the recommendation to put a
wp_enqueue_script("jquery") before wp_head

<?php wp_enqueue_script("jquery"); ?>
<?php wp_head(); ?>

Thing is this was over 2 years ago. Seems like TwentyTen and other
themes would be either following something like this. Or, more likely,
the wp core has been modified to handle these issues.

What is the best practice for loading jquery files?

Regards,
Claude Needham