[wp-hackers] Custom Post Types in the WordPress Navigation Menu

Aero Maxx aero.maxx.d at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 20:55:22 UTC 2011

Hello can someone help me out by pointing me in the right direction as
to where I can find out how to add a drop down menu to a theme with my
custom post types stored within in, have been looking/searching google
for "custom post types in wp_nav_menu", "custom post types in
wp_list_pages", "custom post types in wordpress themes", "custom post
types in wordpress theme", and have drawn a blank so far, I have managed
to find out how to get my posts in the custom post types to appear in
with the normal blog posts, but as I will have several posts in the
custom post types more than what would be in the normal blog, would make
this diluted and I would therefore like to have them in a drop down box
in the menu.

The menu on this website here http://justintadlock.com/ the "Writing"
part on the menu I presume that these are custom post types, but I wish
to have the menu on my site like this menu, if anyone can point me in
the right direction as to how to achieve this, be is something on the
codex, a blog post or something like this I would very much appreciate
anything anyone would be able to tell me.