[wp-hackers] Adding a plugins svn committer

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Tue Oct 4 18:03:07 UTC 2011

> I see, I was hoping to add a committer but retain sole control over
> releases. Sounds like it's an all or nothing proposition.

> Thanks,
> -Dan

Not sure how you expected that to work.  Did you want to give them commit
access only to trunk but keep them from tagging new releases?  That's not
quite how Svn works.  If you want something more distributed, I recommend
setting up a Git repository somewhere and giving your developers access to
that.  That gives you distributed version control with your team.  Keep the
Svn repo through WordPress separate if you want to retain control over
releases.

Or go the WordPress route (using Core development as a model) and have your
developers submit patches which you then either accept and merge or reject.

Remember, committer == manager when you're talking about Subversion.