[wp-hackers] Image Management Enhancements in 3.3?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Mon Oct 3 02:41:55 UTC 2011

On Oct 2, 2011, at 10:27 PM, Dion Hulse (dd32) wrote:

> What functionality do you actually need to get?

Basically I need encapsulated and decoupled upload, server-side cropping and alternate file-size generation, etc.  Imagine if WordPress had WP_File, WP_Image_File and WP_Image classes; that's what I need.

But it's okay if there's not much there. We can easily write it, but would hate to write it if there's going to be alternates to what we write in 3.3 that we'd need to retrofit.  And if they turn out good enough, maybe we'll put them on a trac ticket for review and possible inclusion into 3.4 or later.

-Mike