[wp-hackers] Image Management Enhancements in 3.3?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Mon Oct 3 02:20:06 UTC 2011

Hey all,

Besides the PUploader in 3.3, what other significant changes will there be to Image management, especially at the API level?  I googled but couldn't easily find anything relevant, and searching trac was equally unfruitful.

The reason I ask is I need an Image class/API for a current project and I'd hate to reinvent the wheel if something similar is going to be included in 3.3; I'd rather work with that code or even contribute to bug fixing it. Alternately, anyone know of a good solid Image class/API in a GPL plugin or theme that I can consider using?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike