[wp-hackers] Wordpress database encryption.

jackie sparks jackie.craig.sparks at live.com
Sun Nov 27 05:18:54 UTC 2011

This just isn't security by obscurity. This can protect the data in the database from sql injections from rouge plugins and miscoded plugins(This seems to be a huge problem, if you read the sec lists in the past week. There have been over 10 new exploits found for different plugins). Have to know the keys to decode the data. CCC(those german guys are pretty bad has already proven that SSL certs can be cracked and replicated on the fly with a cluster of ps3 systems, http://hackaday.com/2008/12/30/25c3-hackers-completely-break-ssl-using-200-ps3s/ .

Most crackers are opportunists. If they have the opportunity they will take it. If it's difficult they will leave it be.

Can I randomize the usersmeta id's thru the use of a plugin so firstname is not alway 1,16,24,32 ?

Every securty system has its fail points