[wp-hackers] Wordpress database encryption.

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sun Nov 27 05:15:18 UTC 2011

On Nov 26, 2011, at 11:58 PM, jackie sparks wrote:
> Thank you for that suggestion. The query hook only works when making a plugin. I "think" these changes should be in the core. It would make it harder for someone to find the code instead of just browsing thru directory in the wp-content/plugins dir.

What Dion Hulse (dd32) said, but also changes like this to the core get validated by having someone implement as a plugin and then, if enough people use and and also clamor for it being in the core, the core team might decide to add it. But that hill is an extremely steep climb, from experience.

> 3rd, you should consider renaming your function dbuserquerychk() with a prefix, maybe like jcs_dbuserquerychk() or acs3_dbuserquerychk() or similar.
> Thank you. Why those function name prefixes. What purpose do they have?

Andrey Nacin explains it here:

http://andrewnacin.com/2010/05/11/in-wordpress-prefix-everything/

-Mike