[wp-hackers] WordPress.org search API

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Nov 20 09:45:41 UTC 2011

On 20 November 2011 20:18, Jesper Jarlskov <jesper at jarlskov.dk> wrote:

> I am currently doing a project for the Danish WordPress community, where I
> amongst other things is going to make it easier to find plugins translated
> into Danish. My idea is here to hook into the WordPress.org search API, to
> be able to present plugins from WordPress.org that has been translated, or
> maybe even set up a script to fetch .po/.mo files from WordPress.org, to
> make it possible to translate plugins using our own GlotPress install.

3.4's (hopefully) Language Packs functionality will hopefully make it
simpler and far more easier to get translation packages for plugins,
in the sense, that the translations won't be required to be handled by
plugin authors..
I'm not entirely sure on the fine details of how it'll be implemented,
but keep an eye on: #18200
(http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18200) for action during the
3.4 dev cycle.