[wp-hackers] Reviews for Plugins

Ryan Frankel ryan.frankel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 08:43:02 UTC 2011

Mike,
  I also forgot to mention that by default the API returns the recently updated plugins.  You could do a query for say X number of recent and new plugins every Y minutes and be pretty sure you have overlap and keep everything up-to-date.  Then you only have to dump all of the data a single time.  There is probably a better way to do this but right now that isn't a big deal to me.

  Now that I have all of the data I think I am going to put some thought into what a good rating system will be.  Maybe if I can get something setup that mimics the functionality that an integrated wp.org would a discussion can occur whether it would be useful or not.  I would think I can now have something for everybody to take a look at in a few days if anyone cares lol.

 Ryan