[wp-hackers] Reviews for Plugins

Ryan Frankel ryan.frankel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:24:22 UTC 2011

Helen,

> I also wouldn't
> want to worry about not being able to look at my installed plugins list
> just because I'm offline
I most have gotten lost here.  Why would you not be able to look at your installed plugins when you are offline?  The update system talks back to WordPress but doesn't cause any issues.  I don't see any reason any plugin would have that affect.

> I, for one, would be extremely unhappy if I found out that something inside
> the WP admin was sending my email address off-site just for some simple
> ratings.
I would think that if you actively  went to rate something you would be OK with some sort of authentication.  I don't think anyone is proposing doing anything malicious or secretive.  Again, I don't want to get bogged down in the authentication discussion.

ryan