[wp-hackers] How to sync/mirror 2 WP multisite installs using one database?

Claudio Simeone mrbrog at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:41:49 UTC 2011

2011/5/27 Dion Hulse (dd32) <wordpress at dd32.id.au>:

> Are they using Subdomains? Sub Directories?, or Mapped domains?

Subdirectories, but a the moment the site is not yet finished.
I have to transform an existing WP "normal" install to multisite.

> This is all theoretical, I've not had to do it, and I doubt many others will
> have.. the closest i've seen to what you're asking for, is 2 seperate
> databases, and the posts/terms/taxonomy tables being sync'd accross.. The
> sites table was different on both servers for their individual subdomains.
> there was some replacing during the sync for the admin subdomain to the
> public subdomains.. I didn't play with the config, just fix a few plugin
> issues.. but I do believe they were having constant data sync issues..

It is the solutions I was thinking to: 2 separate databases (and 2
separate wp installs) and a script that every night syncs the
front-end with backend, replacing all urls.
But I was wondering if there is an alternative solution, maybe with
one single WP install.

Thanks,

--
Claudio