[wp-hackers] WP-Admin for Android App - GSoC 2011

Beau Lebens beau at dentedreality.com.au
Tue Mar 29 20:04:39 UTC 2011

I think this sounds a bit too ambitious. Something like XML-RPC needs
to be tested extensively, and planning to add this much additional
functionality to the API, and then still have time to go and write it
all into the Android application is probably biting off more than you
can chew.

Just adding all of the XML-RPC stuff and testing it properly would
probably be an entire project on its own.

Also to make life easier for people reviewing your work, this could be
all done as a plugin for your project, then merged into core if that
was deemed appropriate later.

Under "if time permits" you have "Document new APIs". This should be a
much higher priority than an after-thought.

If you're specifically wanting to get to the Android programing part,
it might make sense to just make a certain subset of functionality
available via XML-RPC + implemented on the Android app.

Hope that helps,
Beau