[wp-hackers] GSOC2011 Idea

Abhishek Gupta abhishekgupta.iitd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:53:39 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am Abhishek Gupta second year undergraduate student at IIT Delhi <
http://abhishekgupta92.info >. I want to work on Education module which
enhances features to the wordpress like adding/enrolling courses, students.
There is a module namely teachpress <
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/teachpress/> which is aimed at same but
the module is not developed enough to be used when there are cms like moodle
available.

My motive for this is to promote community blogging in School/Institutions.
I have a community blog at the thelazy.info and feels the absence of such
module for my institution.

Other topic that interest me is CCK and Views module which can compete with
Drupal modules for the same. Currently there is a cck module in wordpress,
but the module is not really easy to use. In addition to this the user need
views module to generate flexible views of what he want to display.

- Abhishek

My first Wordpress Plugin <
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/flipping-team/ >