[wp-hackers] Loading JS & CSS from inside a plugin

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Mar 23 07:35:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Dave Ross <dave at davidmichaelross.com> wrote:
> As much as I'd like to write back to each & every one of those people and
> say "screw it, the plugin sucks and I don't care", that's not my way and I
> don't think it's the WordPress way.
>
> So how do other plugin authors deal with it?

Sounds like exactly what I would do. If some other plugin is not
compatible and is doing-it-wrong, then that's not my problem.

plugin_dir_url() is the correct way to get the URL to a plugin
directory. If some other plugin doesn't handle it correctly, then
that's the other plugin's problem. Fix it, fork it, or forget it.

-Otto