[wp-hackers] Confused regarding ideas for GSOC 2011

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Mon Mar 21 16:20:14 UTC 2011

On 3/20/11 12:57 PM, Beau Lebens wrote:
>> I have gone through the present android app for mobiles and I think it is
>> dedicated for posts, comments and pages. Since exact idea was not mentioned
> While I love the idea of someone working on one of the mobile apps, I
> think a single person trying to tackle a complete rebuild of the admin
> UI is way bigger than is going to get done during a GSoC project.
Dan Roundhill, who heads up the Android app, is happy to discuss
individual project ideas. This is the first year we've included the
mobile apps in our GSoC Ideas list at all, so we didn't come up with
specific ideas for the Codex page, as we weren't sure if there would
even be any interest. Dan Roundhill and the other mobile app developers
will be joining the list, but we'll also be setting up some IRC chats
for potential students to talk with all the mentors, including those for
mobile apps, and that would be a good place to get into detailed
questions about projects, since most of the people on wp-hackers don't
work on mobile apps.

In the meantime, you can connect directly with the Android devs at
http://android.wordpress.org/development/