[wp-hackers] GSOC 2011 Proposal

djds4rce prabhu djd4rce at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 18:26:52 UTC 2011

Hello all,
This is what I propose to do in GSoC 2011: A plugin to build and manage
University websites.
University websites are now powered by CMS’s. Building and maintaining a
full fledged University
website is a pain. I am saying this with some experience in doing so. A
WordPress plugin for creating a university site will make WordPress the best
choice for such websites.
The plugin would provide the following features :
- Pages for various departments(also student organizations, research groups
et al)
- Easy way for adding Staff
- Staff pages added as child to pages
- Providing news separately for each department
- Easy result publications
- Permission and workflows
-Events calender

Does any one think this is a good proposal for the project?

Thank you.

Dayanand Prabhu

http://reversepolarity.in