[wp-hackers] Using dependency on plugins

Piyush Mishra me at piyushmishra.com
Sun Mar 13 07:49:09 UTC 2011

scribu, I saw your plugin but how would it work if the plugin-dependencies
plugin weren't installed already? We'll have to either ship your plugin as a
part of each of the base and dependent plugins and use it from there or make
the user install the plugin-dependencies plugin before he can activate any
of the dependent plugin.
the best possible solution would be to add the "Dependency:" field to
WordPress itself (core I mean)

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 1:11 PM, scribu <mail at scribu.net> wrote:

> > For extra bonus points these plugins make it real easy to install the
> > required plugins for there full functionality.
> >

> Yeah, and you have to repeat that code in each dependant plugin.
>
> For static dependency checking (without having any of the involved plugins
> activated), check out my meta plugin:
>
> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-dependencies/
>
> It's very basic now, but an enhanced version is on the way.
>
> --
> http://scribu.net

Regards
Piyush Mishra