[wp-hackers] Custom Image Header: Header Text "Display Text" Option Name

Austin Matzko austin at ilfilosofo.com
Sat Mar 12 17:15:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> I am looking for the name of the DB option related to the Custom Image
> Header feature, that corresponds to the "Header Text: Display Text" setting
> field on the Appearance -> Header Admin Screen. This field has an ID of
> "hidetext", but I can't find any option with this name.

This information is stored among other theme mods values in the
options table, with the option name of "theme_mods_[theme slug]."

In other words, it's retrieved by get_theme_mod( 'header_textcolor' )
and set by set_theme_mod( 'header_textcolor', [ new value ] ).

The default can be set with the HEADER_TEXTCOLOR constant and the
value modified by attaching a callback to the
"theme_mod_header_textcolor" filter.