[wp-hackers] Menu classes for custom post types?

Helen Hou-Sandi helen.y.hou at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 21:46:36 UTC 2011

Shelly - show_in_menu is talking about the admin menu, not the nav menu GUI.
show_in_nav_menus is still fine in 3.1 as far as I know (somebody, please
yell at me if I'm wrong), but that only allows for selection of individual
items. You can add custom taxonomies and individual CPT items to nav menus
just fine, just not a 3.1 CPT archive. A page template is not the same as a
CPT archive. Also, the menu item CSS class you're talking about is always
applied, not just when viewing the relevant item. Your suspicion about the
body class is correct - only happening because of the page template.

Good reminder about the "Screen Options" thing, though - description might
also be hidden by default.

--
Helen Hou-Sandi
http://www.helenhousandi.com