[wp-hackers] Permalink Structure - Performance vs. SEO
mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Wed Jun 15 07:35:45 UTC 2011
On Jun 15, 2011, at 3:23 AM, Baki Goxhaj wrote:
>> Not a valid exception. Create a custom post type call "Proverb" instead of
>> using a post_type='post'.
> What difference would it make?
A "Proverb" custom post type would allow:
- URLs for the former to be distinct from URLs for posts or for pages.
- Post Metaboxes and Taxonomy Terms that are Proverb-specific.
- Queries that are Proverb-specific.
- A "Proverbs" section in the admin with an "Add Proverb" option.
- A list of Proverb-specific solutions in the list of proverbs admin screen.
And that's just off the top of my head.
Need I go on?
P.S. New proverb to add:
"When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."
More information about the wp-hackers