[wp-hackers] is it possible to oEmbed YouTube playlists?

Jan Fabry jan.fabry at monkeyman.be
Mon Jun 13 13:36:13 UTC 2011

On Sunday, June 12, 2011 6:45:32 AM UTC+2, jayarjo wrote:

> Thanks Jan for the info, do you know if it supports additional player
> options for playlists, like it is possible for single videos? For example
> turning on/off player controls?

I don't know what options are available now. There is an open feature
request for this at the Embedly support site
[ http://support.embed.ly/entries/20117823-enable-youtube-parameters-in-wp-plugin
], I think you should follow that to get the news.

Also, unless I misunderstand the oEmbed code in WordPress [
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/3.1.3/wp-includes/class-oembed.php#L165
], I believe only the url, width and height arguments are sent to the oEmbed
provider. So a shortcode like [embed
controls=0]http://example.com/some-item[/embed] would not send the
"controls" argument.

Jan Fabry