[wp-hackers] pulling a massive HTML site into Wordpress

John Black immanence7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 10:32:48 UTC 2011

On 6 Jun 2011, at 14:21, Alexander Concha wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:50 AM, John Black <immanence7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Posts is more what I need, so no problem there.
>>
>> On the PHP hacking, I'm more than willing to try. But starting from zero is a big climb. In reality, I can barely get my head around HTML, never mind PHP! I wish there were step by step instructions out there! I'm a good soldier! I can follow orders!
>
> I think it would be better if you hire someone to do the job. However,
> if you have time and still want to do it yourself, learning html and
> php (or any other programming language) is a must before trying to do
> anything. :-)
> --
> Alexander Concha
> http://www.buayacorp.com

You're probably right, but sadly the people I want to help are totally broke. In fact, revamping their web presence is part of my effort to save them from looming bankruptcy.

As for me, I never make it to the end of the month without being skint. It sucks. I'm not being paid to try to make this port. Maybe I'd get a thank you dinner out of it.

But given that you raise the point, I have two questions, out of interest:

1) Who would be able to do this?

2) How much would we be looking at to hack together the scripts I need?

I'm still hoping others can share scripts they've used to do the same, or give a few step by step pointers.

Thanks for your reply,

best,
JB