[wp-hackers] Admin Construction Abstraction

Mike Walsh mpwalsh8 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:06:53 UTC 2011

I use phpHtmlLib for forms within WordPress.  The 3.x branch of phpHtmlLib
went off in a direction of a PHP MVC Framework but the 2.x branch still
works fine.  It has a whole slew of classes for constructing and working
with forms as well as some useful widgets for displaying content.

I had used phpHtmlLib on a project prior to working with WordPress so when I
started on my Swim Team plugin (which is very forms intensive) I was loath
to code a bunch of forms by hand.  I ended up turning the 2.x phpHtmlLib
branch into a WordPress plugin, you can find it in the plugin repository.

The examples on the phpHtmlLib site are no longer there but if you install
the plugin and visit
http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/plugins/phphtmllib/examples you will see a
list of example forms and widgets.  There is also a doc directory.

I didn't write the original library but I did contribute to it later on and
did the work to turn it into a WP plugin.

Mike