[wp-hackers] Term Meta - Trac'd already?

Daniel Cameron dan at sproutventure.com
Wed Jul 13 20:48:55 UTC 2011

> Taxonomies exist in the template hierarchy.

[clip]
> Doing this on individual post pages are harder, since posts can be in
> more than one group in a taxonomy (like cats and tags can). For
> something like that, you're going to always need some kind of custom
> code to determine which term to use to decide what to do.

Yeah, this isn't going to work for the theme users though; I forgot to
mention this is a "premium" theme so there's a ton of users using this
functionality and to tell they need to add conditional templates and CSS
wont work.

What I did was built a UI on the term edit screen with colorpickers and
background image uploaders.