[wp-hackers] WordPress roadmap

Bjorn Wijers burobjorn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:36:20 UTC 2011

I'm more than willing to help out with the delivering, as long as I know
what it is what we need to deliver :)

Joking aside, in the past I have participated with some tickets but I
lost interest in doing so as it was not (and still isn't very) clear to
me how to make sure my contributions were seen and eventually put to
good use. It felt to me to much of a gamble if my time investment would
be in vain or not. So instead I focus on developing plugins and helping
out other people.

I'm still very much willing to invest time in working on WordPress Core,
but I still have the feeling that WordPress misses clear and transparent
guidelines on contributions, especially when working on bigger issues.
Perhaps we can learn a thing or two from how other open source projects
deal with this? Btw this is also one of the things I have suggested on
the survey Matt is conducting.

grtz
BjornW

met vriendelijke groet,
Bjorn Wijers

* b u r o b j o r n .nl *
digitaal vakmanschap | digital craftsmanship

Werkdagen:
Van maandag t/m donderdag vanaf 10:00
Vrijdag is voor experimenteren en eigen projecten.

Postbus 14145
3508 SE Utrecht
The Netherlands

tel: +31 6 49 74 78 70