[wp-hackers] 3.3 brainstorm ideas from WordPress DC

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Wed Jul 13 19:25:25 UTC 2011

On 7/13/11 2:35 PM, Bjorn Wijers wrote:
> Interesting list. I definitely could agree with some of the items to
> become part of WordPress Core. What is the procedure to get a vote on
> what gets into WordPress core (and when) and what not?
This decision is made by the core team leads and permanent commit-level
contributors (taking user and developer feedback into consideration).
Being a contributing developer who submits good patches, takes feedback
well/is willing to collaborate, doesn't appear to have an agenda at odds
with the core leadership, and sticks around will carry the most weight.
To this end, being helpful on Trac, constructive during the weekly core
dev chats in IRC, and leaving useful comments on wpdevel are ways to
earn a good reputation.

Scope is determined via two IRC meetings each cyle with a wpdevel post
in between. Watch wpdevel this week for the post, and the scope
decisions will be made next Wednesday for 3.3.