[wp-hackers] WordPress Front-End tinyMCE

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Tue Jul 12 09:06:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 18:20, Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2011, at 1:12 PM, Mike Little wrote:
> > Hmmm, I definitely have a second TinyMCE editor in one of my custom posts
> > types working fine (though I didn't need nor try to use the image
> uploader).
> > No hacking required. It even has visual/html toggle.
>
> Really?  The default code target a specific element ID and is not designed
> to be usable so I'm not sure how you'd get that working.  I've got it
> working, but it took writing a different set of code to do it.
>
> > I'm heading out now for the rest of the day, but will try to post some
> code
> > late tomorrow (I'm on-site with a client all day) or Saturday.
>
> Looking forward to it.  Thanks.

Sorry, for the delay...

http://pastebin.com/wAeU2jig

Hopefully enough relevant pieces to see what I've done.

As mentioned, it works fine: the content gets passed in the correct form
field.

I didn't need to support media insert here so I don't know what might be
needed to enable that and get it to work, though there seems to have been
some pointers in the rest of this thread.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/