[wp-hackers] site sections, distinct theme per section

John Black immanence7 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:46:39 UTC 2011

Thanks Dion,

You're probably right about multisite. I have two problems with it, however: 1) I really wish BackupBuddy played well with it. I can make an individual backup within multisite, but I can't see how to import a site using it. The tutorials I have read on importing an existing site into multisite are either confusing to me, or, if I follow them, don't work. I don't end up with the site I have externally, but rather end up facing starting from scratch; 2) I'm worried about incompatible plugins.

If could solve problem #1 it would be an advance.

I guess a third problem is how (given that I'm working localhost) I get my multisite online eventually.

It's just scary.

There really needs to be a cloning plugin for multisite!

best,
JB