[wp-hackers] Populating Image meta box fields on new image upload

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Sun Jul 10 06:42:15 UTC 2011

Is this any help? It's some code I found somewhere and adapted to put the EXIF title in all three text boxes on the image upload page:

add_filter('attachment_fields_to_edit', 'image_caption_to_title', 11, 2 );

function image_caption_to_title( $form_fields, $post ) {
	if ( substr( $post->post_mime_type, 0, 5 ) == 'image' ) {
		$form_fields['post_excerpt']['value'] = $post->post_title;
		$form_fields['image_alt']['value'] = $post->post_title;
	}
	return $form_fields;
	}

Works for me, anyway