[wp-hackers] WordPress Front-End tinyMCE

Kevin Stover kstover at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 23:52:31 UTC 2011

Hey Ozz,

That's what I did.Basically the JS grabs the id of the editor then makes it
the focus, so that the images go into that editor. Not a problem obviously
if someone already has their cursor in there. I am having a problem,
however, in getting the wp_editor to work on the admin-side. It's in a
plugin page and the Visual/HTML switch buttons don't work. Moreover, I can't
get more than one to work on the page at once. When I place multiples, I get
the first one fine (minus the not being able to switch from Visual/HTML),
but the second doesn't even have any buttons. When I look at a console, I
get the error that wpEditor is not defined. But when I view-source, I can
see the wpEditor object in the Javascript on that page. I've spent a few
hours going through the code, making sure there isn't something missing from
the admin, I even tried adding the scripts and styles I've needed to get
the_editor to work in the past. I'm pretty much out of ideas of how to fix
it at this point. The front-end is without either of those problems. It
works perfectly there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Kevin