[wp-hackers] first time SVN user, first time adding plugin to directory

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Jul 7 13:22:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Andy Charrington-Wilden
<andycharrington at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's what I've been missing!
>
>> The whole branch/tag/copy thing
>> doesn't matter. You can make copies yourself into the right
>> directories then check them in and that works fine too.
>
> That's what confusing me.
>
> I remember someone saying I shouldnt do that and that's what threw me.
>
> So! Without doing anything stupid and after stopping, sitting and thinking here is what I believe I should be doing. Please correct me if I am wrong-
>
> Create a local folder on my Mac and using scplugin checkout my repo to there.
>
> I am then going to delete everything in the tags folder and the trunk folder.

You can't actually "delete" things. You've already committed them.
Commit means *commit*. In order to delete something, you have to a)
delete it and then b) commit the fact of that deletion.

So don't try to delete everything and start over. Try to *fix* it
instead. Make the files correct and in the correct places. Work with
what you have and correct the mistakes. That will be much simpler to
do.

-Otto