[wp-hackers] first time SVN user, first time adding plugin to directory

Andy Charrington andycharrington at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:41:04 UTC 2011

Eric, of course i didnt know you were talking about a different piece of
software. Im not an idiot. You replied to a response of mine to someone
saying they use versions. In fact you are the one talking about software out
of context.

I hate trying to ask for help on here. I always get a smarmy response from
someone.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Eric Mann <eric at eam.me> wrote:

> > I cant see that menu option you mention.
>

> I was actually talking about Versions, as im on a mac.
>

> Just so you know, stating you can't find a menu I mentioned when you're not
> even using the software I was talking about doesn't help either of us.  I
> can't give Versions advice since I'm not on a Mac and have no experience
> with it ... but I have been told that SCPlugin works the same as
> TortoiseSVN, which is why I recommended that and linked to the tutorial.
>
> I keep getting messages like this
>

> > Commit failed (details follow): access to
> > > '/!svn/ver/405486/wordpress-gallery/tags' forbidden
>

> With that commit failure message, I'm wondering how you checked out the
> repository in the first place.  It almost looks like you're trying to
> commit
> to a specific changeset rather than to the repository in general.  Can you
> explain the steps you used to checkout for us?  If you used a specific
> tutorial, can you link to that as well?

Jealous Designs
Website:  <http://jealousdesigns.co.uk/>jealousdesigns.co.uk
Portfolio:  <http://jealousdesigns.co.uk/portfolio>
jealousdesigns.co.uk/portfolio
Phone: 07903030008
Twitter: _a_n_d_y
Skype: andycharrington

Web design | Web development | WordPress | Flash | Posters, business cards
and flyers | Bespoke online tools | PHP | MySQL | (X)HTML | CSS | Javascript