[wp-hackers] Code formatting

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 17:02:58 UTC 2011

On 5 Jul 2011, at 17:24, Lutz Schröer wrote:

> I've started to format the code of older files to make them WP coding standard compliant. The codex says that there should be spaces at round brackets:

If the intention here is to go through all the old files and update them to match the current coding standards then please don't.

There are much more useful ways to contribute than creating huge patches for whitespace / coding style issues.

The Coding Standards are guidelines for the development of new code and do not need retroactive application en-mass pieces of code are updated as they are edited to fix bugs / add new features.

Cheers
--
Peter Westwood
50BF A954 E072 23DB B50A  A319 56C3 8FFF 9C72 AB79