[wp-hackers] Unique Page field

Brent Shepherd brent at prospress.org
Fri Jan 28 17:40:10 UTC 2011

Is there any unique field to identify a post that can be known when writing
a plugin? Not just after the plugin is installed.

My plugin creates a page with "post_name" = "auctions". The plugin needs to
know when this page is being viewed. I was using checking the "post_name",
but that means no one can change the permalink for the page. If I was to
store the post ID as an "auctions_page_id" option and check against the ID,
then I've got data duplication and the bunch of headaches that come with it.