[wp-hackers] Activating another Plugin when Activating a Plugin

Carl Roett carlroett at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 07:45:02 UTC 2011

I'm a core develper on the
BP-Media<http://code.google.com/p/buddypress-media/> team
(a media sharing app for BuddyPress).

Our plugin has a couple of blocks of code which solve these kinds of
problems, and are, of course completely open source.

Basically, if the program installation goes terribly wrong, the plugin
enters a special "safe mode". It explains why the plugin can't start-up:
 (perhaps because PHP is too old), BuddyPress is disabled, SQL server is
wrong version, etc. ...and in some cases gives a brief tutorial on how to
fix the problem.

Here here's a direct link to the relevant files on our Google SVN:
http://bit.ly/hazKv1

Thanks!

^F^