[wp-hackers] Accessing custom post types and taxonomies across sites on a network

Cornelius, Gregory gcorne at bu.edu
Mon Jan 24 21:02:05 UTC 2011

> You could make the JSON request with PHP as well, and then cache the result for 24 hours or something. I've run into problems with switch_to_blog() as well. This would probably be the approach I'd take.

This is probably because switch_to_blog does not load/execute activated plugins and the current theme/parent theme functions.php file for the blog that is being switched to for obvious reasons.

There is a 'switch_blog' action that could come in handy.

Where is the taxonomy being registered? In the theme?