[wp-hackers] profiles for authors with no posts

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Sat Jan 22 19:42:49 UTC 2011

There's no way for WordPress to know how your custom post types are
intended to be used.  It's all about the implementation rather than the
registration.  They're custom, after all.

Anyway, you shouldn't get a 404 on that page.  It should be a 200
status.  I assume your theme is incorrectly displaying a 404 message.

Hook into pre_get_posts though to change the posts displayed on the page.