[wp-hackers] XML-based display and spoofing multisite

William Davis will.davis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 23:09:41 UTC 2011

Aaron and Andrew,
Thanks for your responses. What I'm interested in is how to provide an
easily accessible API for everyone, not just internally, especially
since we're working hard to field a lot of data for each article. An
internal example would be if we want to develop an iPad app, feeding
xml files would make more sense than making a direct database call.
I've thought about using xmlrpc for this, but that seems ... I dunno.
Is there a preferred way of doing something like that?

In terms of memory cache, it's worth noting that NPR's schematic goes
something like database -> memcached -> xml -> memcached

Also, Andrew, would it be a bad idea to spoof a site like that?

Will