[wp-hackers] post format types

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Jan 6 20:12:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph)
> <philip at frumph.net> wrote:
>> Sorry charlie, you're writing CSS based changes, not HTML based changes with
>> different post format look of the post.
>>
>> What you already wrote is already written 100x over.
>
> No, I just wrote about both CSS and HTML based changes.
>
> if (get_the_author_meta( 'login' ) = "otto") {
> ... html changes here
> }
>
> You don't need a custom post format to change things based around the
> author. I don't understand the confusion here.

Or if you want to be really clever about it:

get_template_part( 'piecename', get_the_author_meta( 'login' ) );

Then just create a "piecename.php" in the theme, to use as a default
fallback, and create individual piecename-author.php files for each
author's custom piece of that part of the template.

-Otto