[wp-hackers] Sidebar/Widget conditionnal tag?

Cornelius, Gregory gcorne at bu.edu
Tue Jan 4 17:04:54 UTC 2011

You could add the filter using the action "get_sidebar" and remove it immediately.

function foo_get_sidebar_action() {
	add_filter('posts_where', 'foo_filter_posts');
}

function foo_filter_posts($where) {
	remove_filter('get_sidebar', 'foo_get_sidebar_action');

	// manipulate $where
	return $where;
}

The context (usually a sidebar) that is generating the widget  is not passed to the widget code, and unfortunately, there isn't an action that runs somewhere in the "display_callback" method.