[wp-hackers] Better Error Handling for both Development and Production Servers

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Sun Jan 2 19:03:09 UTC 2011

I'm going to jump in for a second.  The notices and warnings that are shown
can sometimes have consequences that do not give fatal errors, some notices
that say passing wrong property type are very important to fix in someones
code.   Not to mention deprecated messages and the such.   Disabling those
will be more of a hinderance to a developement machine since ALL of those
are there for a purpose and developers need to adjust their code
appropriately when they are found.

I guess this is to Andrew, wordpress itself does not give warnings or
notices, they are coming from your plugins and themes, that of which when
they are developed need to be fixed so that those messages do not appear by
fixing their code.

The most common of which is the undefined index notice, basically thats just
checking if the index exists first if you use it,  if
(isset($someindex['indexname']) && ($someindex['indexname'] == 'blahblah'))
{