[wp-hackers] Plugin usage info

Alexander Hempton-Smith hempsworth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 13:42:40 UTC 2011

I understand that there are plugin(s) to turn this off and stop data
being sent out, however I do feel that a simple checkbox under
'Privacy', defaulting to on, to let this to be disabled would be a
more responsible solution.

Tonnes of software sends it's usage data etc to an external place,
which is fine, as long as it asks me first. Currently, WP users need
to know that it's even happening before they have to then go and
install a plugin to stop it.

I know this has been discussed before, but WP is being used by
different groups now, so perhaps it needs to be re-assessed?

-- Alex

Sent from my iPhone