[wp-hackers] Plugin usage info

Aaron Jorbin aaron at jorb.in
Mon Feb 28 05:33:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Mark E <mark at simplercomputing.net> wrote:
> I should probably point out to any devs developing a super secret new
> plugins and themes: Your project isn't really secret - some people know
> about everything running on your private dev box if it has an outbound
> connection to the Internet.  So keep that in mind when you're working for
> clients that have strict privacy policies, most large corps do.

The information sent is:
<taken from get_plugin_data in wp-admin/includes/plugins.php>
 *              'Name' - Name of the plugin, must be unique.
 *              'Title' - Title of the plugin and the link to the
plugin's web site.
 *              'Description' - Description of what the plugin does and/or notes
 *              from the author.
 *              'Author' - The author's name
 *              'AuthorURI' - The authors web site address.
 *              'Version' - The plugin version number.
 *              'PluginURI' - Plugin web site address.
 *              'TextDomain' - Plugin's text domain for localization.
 *              'DomainPath' - Plugin's relative directory path to .mo files.
 *              'Network' - Boolean. Whether the plugin can only be
activated network wide.

http://aaron.jorb.in
twitter: twitter.com/aaronjorbin